Whole spiced chicken
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 hours
1 large onion cut into thick slices
6 lightly crushed cloves of garlic
1 cup of chicken broth
3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of dried sage
½ teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1 chicken (1kg)
- Combine the onion, garlic, and chicken stock in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken (make sure it is dry before doing this). Place the chicken, breast side down, on top of the onion.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8 hours, or until the thickest part of the chicken leg reaches a temperature of 75 ° C.
- Carefully remove the chicken and place it on a tray or rimmed baking sheet.
- Lightly stretch the chicken with
aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Remove the onion, garlic and broth.
Carbohydrates 1.5 g