Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup of sushi rice
1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 ounces smoked salmon
4 nori seaweed sheets
Optional: low-sodium soy sauce or wasabi paste.
- Using a pot with a lid, bring water to a boil. Combine rice, cover, and lessen the temperature.
- Simmer 18 to 20 minutes, turn off the heat, and leave the rice to cool for 10 minutes. Place the rice in a bowl and dampen with vinegar, salt, and sugar. Blend with a wooden spoon, and allow the rice to stand. Chop smoked salmon into strips.
- Make each sushi roll as follows:
- Place 1 seaweed layer on a clean, dry surface.
- Place 1/2 cup cooked rice over the seaweed, and delicately spread evenly over the sheet. Lay the strips of salmon in a perpendicular line in the center of the rice.
- Delicately roll so as not to rip the seaweed, starting at the left edge, and ending just before the right edge — Tuck rice in at the sides of the roll.
- Run a damp finger along the exhibited edge of the seaweed, and conclude rolling, pressing down to seal the border to the roll.
- Slice into pieces using a cutting knife.
Calories: 25 kcal
Protein: 1.78 g
Fat: 1.49 g
Carbohydrates: 2.33 g