Potato Chowder With Peppery Prawns
Cooking Time: 80 Min
4 slices serrano ham; chopped
16 ounces frozen corn /500g
16 prawns, peeled and deveined
1 onion; chopped
2 Yukon Gold potatoes; chopped
¾ cup heavy cream /188ml
2 cups vegetable broth /500ml
2 tbsps olive oil /30ml
4 tbsps minced garlic; divided /60g
1 tsp dried rosemary /5g
1 tsp salt; divided /5g
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper; divided /5g
½ tsp red chili flakes /2.5g
1. Choose Sear/Sauté on the pot and set to Medium High. Choose Start/Stop to preheat the pot. Add 1 tbsp or
15ml of the olive oil and cook the serrano ham, 2 tbsps of garlic, and onion, stirring occasionally; for 5
minutes. Fetch out one-third of the serrano ham into a bowl for garnishing.
2. Add the potatoes, corn, vegetable broth, rosemary, half of the salt, and half of the black pepper to the pot.
3. Seal the pressure lid, hit Pressure and set to High. Set the time to 10 minutes, and press Start.
4. In а bowl, toss the prawns in the remaining garlic, salt, black pepper, the remaining olive oil, and the red
chili flakes. When done cooking, do a quick pressure release and carefully open the pressure lid.
5. Stir in the heavy cream and fix the reversible rack in the pot over the chowder.
6. Spread the prawn in the rack. Close the crisping lid. Choose Broil and set the time to 8 minutes. Choose
Start/Stop. When the timer has ended, remove the rack from the pot.
7. Ladle the corn chowder into serving bowls and top with the prawns. Garnish with the reserved ham and