Meat and Veggie Frittata Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
5 ounces thinly sliced meat
8 large eggs
4 tbsp. coconut oil
½ yellow onion, finely diced
8 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup coconut milk (canned)
2 tbsp. coconut flour
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium skillet, warm the coconut oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach, and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have softened. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a huge bowl, beat the eggs together with the coconut milk and coconut flour. Stir in the cooled the veggie mixture.
- Line each cavity of a 12 cavity muffin tin with the thinly sliced meat. Pour the egg mixture into each one and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- To maximize the benefit of a vegetable-rich diet, it’s important to eat a variety of colors, and these veggie packed frittata muffins do just that. The onion, spinach, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes provide a wide range of vitamins and nutrients and a healthy dose of fiber.
Calories: 125 kcal
Protein: 5.96 g
Fat: 9.84 g
Carbohydrates: 4.48 g