Chicken with garlic and lime
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours
500g of boneless and skinless chicken legs without excess fat
½ cup of tamari or low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup of fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of water
- Place the chicken legs in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tamari, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Turn on the slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Mix the cornstarch flour into the liquid in the slow cooker. Let the sauce thicken for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.