Chicken And Vegetable Egg Rolls
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes Per Batch
2 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons canola oil
8 scallions, chopped
½ cup chopped mushrooms
3 cups shredded cabbage
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup bean sprouts, washed
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 package egg rolls wrappers
1 egg, beaten
Hot mustard, for dipping
Sweet and sour sauce, for dipping
1. In a small bowl, stir together the sherry, soy sauce, beef broth, cornstarch, salt, sugar, and ginger until
combined and the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
2. Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set temperature to HI. Select START/STOP to begin and allow to preheat for 5
3. Add the canola oil to the cooking pot and allow to heat for 1 minute. Add the scallions and mushrooms
and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring well, until the vegetables just begin to soften.
4. Add the cabbage, carrot, and bean sprouts, stirring to incorporate well. Decrease the temperature to
MD:LO. Cook the vegetables for about 7 minutes, until cabbage and carrots are softened.
5. Stir in the chicken. Add the sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens the filling, about 3
minutes. Select START/STOP to end the function. Transfer the filling to a bowl to cool. Wash the pot and
return it to the cooker.
6. Place the Cook & Crisp Basket in the Foodi pot.
7. Select AIR CRISP, set the temperature to 390°F or 200°C, and set the time to 5 minutes to preheat. Select
START/STOP to begin.
8. Working one at a time, using a small silicone spatula, moisten the 4 sides of an egg roll wrapper with the
beaten egg. Place 3 tablespoons of the filling on the center of the egg roll wrapper. Fold an edge over the
mixture and tuck it under the point. Fold the edges in and continue rolling. Press the end point over the top
of the roll to seal. Continue with the remaining wrappers and filling.
9. Place 3 egg rolls in the basket, making sure they don’t touch each other. Coat the egg rolls in on cooking
spray, then close the crisping lid.
10. Select AIR CRISP, set the temperature to 390°F, and set the time to 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the
crisping lid, flip the egg rolls, and spritz the other side with cooking spray. Close the crisping lid and cook
for the remaining 5 minutes.
11. Using tongs, carefully transfer the egg rolls to a wire rack to cool for least 6 minutes before serving.
12. Repeat step 8 with the remaining egg rolls. Keep in mind that the unit is already hot, which may decrease
the cooking time. Monitor closely for doneness.
13. Serve with the hot mustard and sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
Total Fat: 6g