Bake Apple Turnover
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
For the turnovers :
4 apples, peeled, cored, diced into bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp. almond flour
All-purpose flour, for rolling out the dough
1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
½ cup palm sugar, crumbled by hand to loosen granules
½ tsp. cinnamon powder
For the egg wash :
1 egg white, whisked in
2 Tbsp. water
- For the filling: combine almond flour, cinnamon powder, and palm sugar until these resemble coarse meal. Toss in diced apples until well coated. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry until ¼ inch thin. Slice into 8 pieces of 4” x 4” squares.
- Divide prepared apples into 8 equal portions. Spoon on individual puff pastry squares. Fold in half diagonally. Press edges to seal.
- Place each filled pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure there is ample space between pastries.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes, or till ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 205°C for at 10 minutes.
- Brush frozen pastries with egg wash. Bring in a hot oven, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until these turn golden brown all over.
- Take off the baking tray in the oven immediately. Cool slightly for easier handling.
- Place 1 apple turnover on a plate. Serve warm.
Calories: 203 kcal
Protein: 5.29 g
Fat: 4.4 g
Carbohydrates: 38.25 g